Find OLEV Approved Installers and claim your OLEV Grant
We connect flat owners and renters, businesses and charities and landlords with OLEV approved installers in the UK so that you claim a significant discount towards the price of electric car charger installation for your premises. We help these groups to ascertain what OLEV grants they are entitled to in order to help the UK achieve our carbon neutral status together.
What is the OLEV Grant?
The UK government is committed to providing infrastructure for the uptake of electric vehicles to meet their pre-agreed green initiatives. Homeowners were able to claim up to £350 per home charger installed under the previous OLEV grant rules. The cost of domestic EV charger installation has reduced quite significantly as electric car charge points are now more easily accessible and affordable than ever before, however, flats, businesses and rental properties are very much underserved. The new OLEV grant structure provides financial incentives for forward thinking businesses and landlords making it cheaper than ever before to invest in EV chargers for your premises as inevitably, you'll need to install them at some point! If your home or business could benefit from EV charger installation the "OLEV Grant" also known as the OZEV grant is a government grant which entitles you to claim a significant discount. For example:
- Owners of commercial properties can claim £350 per socket and receive funding for up to 100 sockets per year.
- Small business owners can claim up to £15,000
- Landlords can claim £350 per charging socket to landlords.
- Multi-unit buildings can receive funding for a maximum of 200 sockets or £70,000.
- Apartment blocks owners could be entitled to receive up to £30,000 for each building. You can receive £850 for each parking space with a charger and an additional £500 for each space that has the connectivity for the future installation chargers.
- Renters and leaseholders can receive a grant of up to £350 per person to purchase and install a charge point
Get in touch with an OLEV Installer to find out more
Our service explains what OLEV grants you are entitled to and connects you with OLEV approved installers in your local area to help you get started.
1. Tell us about your businesses / properties
We'll see whether you are eligible for the grant.
2. Tell us your UK address
We'll find an OLEV accredited installer who will guide you through the installation and claim process.
3. Reduced cost installation
Your installer will make the claim and you'll receive a discounted installation
Install charge point for your business with an OLEV installer
We'll connect you with OLEV approved installers in your area.
Domestic or Commercial?
EV charge points for apartment blocks
Beginning 1 April 2022, renters and leaseholders can receive an OLEV grant of up to £350 per person to purchase and install a charge point. Funding for multi-unit buildings is much higher! FInd out more here.
About the OLEV Grant
Do your bit for the environment and switch to an eco-friendly route with the OLEV grant. With the increase in the usage of electric cars, the government has commissioned a grant for electric home chargers provided by Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV). If your electric car meets the eligibility, then you will be able to get a £350 off of your car charge point installation.
How does OLEV grant work?
The Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme (EVHS) or the OLEV Grant is commissioned by the UK Government towards contributing to encouraging people to switch to electric cars. Through this scheme, you will be eligible to claim £350 on your electric car charge point installation. Most plugin hybrids and EVs qualify for this scheme and you will be able to claim offer for one charging point per vehicle. A house is allowed to utilize the grant for up to electric charging points.
Do I qualify for the OLEV grant?
You will qualify for the OLEV grant if you meet the following requirements:
- Your plugin hybrid car or full electric vehicle must have been purchased after October 2016.
- If you do not have a car yet, you must be able to show proof of your order.
- You must have a parking facility at your house/business.
- You must install and use an OLEV approved electric car charging point.
Which vehicles are eligible?
Find the complete list of all the vehicles eligible for the OLEV Grant here. All full battery electric cars meet the criteria, however, only some plugin hybrid vehicles with CO2 emissions below 75g/km will be included.
If you own a second hand electric vehicle, you will also be eligible for the grant provided the application for the grant is made within four months before or after receiving your vehicle.
Is the OLEV Grant available in Scotland?
If you are located in the Scotland, you can receive an added grant of £250 provided by the Scottish Government. The Energy Saving Trust Scotland brings this on as an initiative in addition the OLEV Grant.
Does the OLEV grant apply in workplaces/businesses?
Yes. The OLEV grant applies for workplaces provided it has the following conditions:
- Your work place has an off street parking facility.
- Your employees or workers need not have electric cars to apply for the OLEV grant or installation of an electric charging point, however, the company needs to be able to demonstrate that they have a need for charging points in the future.
- Your charging point must be installed by an OLEV approved installer company.