OLEV Grants for businesses - what can I claim?
From the 1st April 2022, small businesses, charities, and public sector organisations will soon be able to benefit from the OZEV Grant. This grant can help with the cost of installing charging infrastructure. What exactly is the OZEV grant, and how does it impact your business or organisation? Keep reading, and we will give you the details on how the grant is changing and how you can benefit from these changes.
Under the current guidelines, the OLEV supports businesses' efforts to transition their fleets to electric vehicles. Those criteria will not change. Instead, the government is making it easier for small businesses, charities, and public sector organisations to access the grant funds. Businesses, such as surgeries, vets, bed and breakfast lodgings, and campsites, will be able to offer electric vehicle chargers to both staff and guests.
Owners of commercial properties can claim £350 per socket and receive funding for up to 100 sockets per year. These properties are required to have parking spaces available for staff and fleet vehicles or any future tenants.
Small business owners need to dedicate at least five parking areas for EV charging in order to be eligible for up to £15,000 for spaces with charge points and any parking space that is made ready to receive a charge point.
Businesses and charities are required to be registered with the government in order to apply for the grant.
1. Tell us the details of your business
We'll see whether you are eligible to claim funding
2. Tell us further property details
This will help your OLEV approved installer to see what work is required to install chargers at your property.
3. Recieve a no obligation quote
Your installer will help you to claim for the installation of the chargers.
Get quotes from OLEV approved installers here
Drop us a line today for a free quote!
History of the OLEV Grant?
By now, you have probably heard about the UK government's £2.8 billion spending package that supports the electric vehicle (EV) industry. It also provides consumers incentives to switch from cars that use petrol or diesel to vehicles that run on electricity.
One of these incentives is the Electric Vehicle Home Charger Scheme (EVHS) from the Office of Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV). You may have also heard the grant referenced as the OZEV grant because, in 2020, the OLEV changed its name to Office of Zero Emission Vehicles (OZEV).
Small businesses, charities, and public sector organisations will soon be able to benefit from the OZEV Grant. This grant can help with the cost of installing charging infrastructure. What exactly is the OZEV grant, and how does it impact your business or organisation? Keep reading, and we will give you the details on how the grant is changing and how you can benefit from these changes.
Who No Longer Benefits From the OZEV Grant?
According to the government's site, homeowners (including people with mortgages) who live in a single-unit property, including bungalows and houses, can no longer take advantage of the scheme beginning 1 April 2022.
Sales of electric vehicles have skyrocketed in recent years, and now the government wants to push some of the grant money towards other sectors. Therefore, they are making changes in grant eligibility and making it available to a broader population group.
What are the Benefits of Installing EV Chargers?
In addition to grant funding from the government, there are several benefits to having EV chargers at your business, including:
- Having EV chargers at your business can increase the value of your property by up to 2.5%
- People who have electric vehicles will be more likely to support businesses that have charging stations. For example, car dealerships and auto repair shops can benefit from installing charging stations for their customers' convenience.
- Sales of electric vehicles are increasing, which is increasing the demand for charging stations. Not having charging stations at your business will take customers from your area.
- During post-pandemic times, there is a lot of competition among businesses. The businesses that provide more and better services will be the ones that survive.
- It is an opportunity to be a leader in your community and show that you care about the environment and support green initiatives.
- Having charging stations increases the amount of time a customer will spend at your business while waiting for vehicle charging to complete.
- Businesses that show they are eco-friendly will attract eco-conscious consumers.
- Investing in charging stations is a great way to reduce greenhouse gasses, promote sustainable transportation and increase employee morale.
- During the "Great Resignation", people are looking for more meaningful jobs. Showing your commitment to environmental change increases your pool of potential employees.
As you can see, between the government funding and potential economic benefits, installing charge points at your business is a win-win situation.
Where Can You Go If You Need Help?
1 April 2022 is just around the corner. If you are considering installing charge points at your small business, charity, or public organisation, then you will want to act soon. Contact OLEV Grant today to get started. Their professional team will help you with everything needed to get EV chargers in place. They will assist you with government regulations and find an OZEV-authorised installer in your area.
The change in the OLEV grant is good news for small businesses, charities, and public organisations who want to make their business or organisation more energy efficient. If you are interested in learning more about the OLEV grant or applying for it, don't hesitate to contact us. Our team of experts will be happy to help you navigate through the application process and answer any questions you may have. With the right information and support, your small business, charity, or public organisation can go green and save money too!